Spinner - Positive Resist (Left) - POLOS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Polos SPIN150i was in place on a trial basis as QNF explores options for new spincoaters in the cleanroom. It has a closed bowl design, and can spin samples from piece parts to 6" wafers.
- Three standard chucks are available:
- For 2-4" wafers, use the 2" chuck
- For wafers >5", use the 4" chuck
- For pieces, use the piece part adaptor on top of the 2" chuck
- A non-vacuum chuck and a foil chuck can be used for special applications. If you think you need these, please discuss with staff.
- An adjustable centering tool can be used to center wafers from 2" to 6"
- Because of the closed bowl design, this spinner tends to give thinner coatings at the same speed compared with open bowl spinners. Please characterize your resists and make sure the thicknesses you get are appropriate for your process.
- Do not use a foil liner in this spinner. The spinner has a plastic liner in place, and the liner, bowl, and lid should be wiped clean with acetone after every use.